BlueDirect is a consumer-directed health plan where employees manage day-to-day medical expenses and pay lower premiums in return. There are three plans available with different coinsurance and deductible levels.
How It Works
BlueDirect is a consumer-directed plan that may be used with a health savings account (HSA)
- Puts decision-making power in your employees' hands
- Lower premium than traditional insurance
- Set aside money in an HSA for medical expenses
Benefits of an HSA:
- Employee controls how health care dollars are spent
- Dollars are set aside, tax free
- Employees can use funds now or in the future
- In many cases, employees can earn interest on the money they set aside
Note: Health savings accounts (HSAs) are not BCBSND products.
Prescriptions and Hospital Stays
Employees use funds from their HSAs to pay for services and prescriptions.
Preventive care is covered at 100% from the beginning.
Once employees meet their deductibles, the insurance policy kicks in and health care costs are shared with BCBSND.
Once employees meet out-of-pocket maximums, BCBSND pays all covered expenses for the remainder of the year.